September 14, 2021
Our team has worked diligently and remains steadfast in our approach to ensuring a safe event for your team to enjoy. In order to host Bend Beer Chase 2021 (and to ensure we can hold this event in future years) the following safety measures and protocols will be strictly enforced:
- Face-coverings required of all participants when on course and not actively running/walking their assigned legs, if outside their team vehicle. This includes the Start, all Exchange Points, Finish and Keg Leg.
- Active runners/walkers will be required to wear a face-covering at the start and finish of their assigned leg. Face-coverings may be removed once participants start their leg and have obtained a safe 6ft+ distance from other participants.
- Active runners/walkers must carry a face-covering with them at all times. In the event of encountering areas where social distancing is not possible, either from other participants and/or local foot traffic, runners/walkers must put on their face-covering.
- Cascade Relays will provide each participant and volunteer with a custom neck gaiter and have sanitizing stations available at the start, finish and exchange points.
- Start Waves of 16 participants max AND start wave distancing (start waves every 20 minutes over 3 hours).
- Division awards distributed contactless from the finish line, picking up Saturday, between 6pm and 8pm.
Virtual Participation Option – For teams unable or uncomfortable participating in an in-person event, we offer a virtual participation option. Cascade Relays will ship medals and t-shirts to the Team Captain and teams can participate on their own time. If you would like to switch to the virtual option, email us at [email protected].
Refunds and Deferrals – We have already incurred all operational costs and are unable to provide teams with a refund or deferral.
Cascade Relays reserves the right to adjust our safety plan based on current recommendations from the Oregon Health Authority and CDC.