Accommodations, Food & Sleepover Areas
Please mention the Cascade Lakes Relay when making accommodation reservations Accommodations for overnight lodging during this time of the year are at a premium. We recommend that you make your plans early for either Diamond Lake Resort (800) 733-7593 or any of the public Campgrounds and RV Parks in the Umpqua/Deschutes National Forest. Bed and Breakfasts and other accommodations tend to fill up quickly in the late summer.
Near Diamond Lake:
- Diamond Lake Resort – (800) 733-7593
- Diamond Lake Campground – United States Forest Service
- Lemolo Lake Resort
- Union Creek Resort
Camping/RV Parks near Bend:
- Scandia RV Park and tent sites – 541-382-6206 – 61415 S Hwy 97, Bend, OR 97702
- Crownvilla RV Resort – 541-388-1131 – www.crownvillarvresort.com
- Bend/Sisters Garden RV Resort – 541-516-3036 – www.bendsistersgardenrv.com
Bend Area Accommodations
The Central Oregon Visitor’s Association has an excellent booking system that sweeps all of the Central Oregon hotel reservation sites for the best available rates. We highly recommend that you utilize this tool to view all of your lodging options. Hotels nearest to the finish line include Mt Bachelor Village, Townplace Suites, The Pine Ridge Inn and Hilton Garden Inn. Seventh Mountain Inn and the Entrada Lodge are located along Leg 36.
Logistics Recommendations Experienced teams recommend three ideas:
- Stay near Diamond Lake/Crater Lake on Thursday night (especially if you have an early start time) and in Bend Saturday night.
- Rent a house in Sunriver for Thursday through Sunday (or make a week-long vacation out of it). Sunriver is approximately 1.5 hours from the start line. Volunteers and friends can enjoy the house Friday night and then the entire team can stay there Saturday night (approx. 30 mins. from the finish line).
- Rent a house in Bend for Thursday through Sunday (or for the week). Bend is approximately 2 hours from the start line.
Start Line Team Dinner
Join us Thursday night at Diamond Lake in the Mt. Thielsen Room from 4-10pm for dinner, packet-pickup and merchandise sales. Dinner is a set price and includes a delicious buffet of several entree choices and multiple salads (green/pasta/cous-cous/fruit/veggies) and a drink. Beer is additional. Come to get pumped up with other teams, ask questions and take care of packet pick-up so that you don’t have to worry about it on Friday morning! Walk teams are welcome to join us in Diamond Lake for dinner; however, your start packets will be at Silver Lake on Friday morning – you cannot pick up start packets in Diamond Lake.
Silver Lake Sleepover Area Meal Options
In addition to Silver Lake Cafe there are a number of wonderful mobile food vendors that will be serving you and your teammates at your first sleepover area! For the Walk, High School, and CLR 24 teams these can be your kick-off meal to fuel your race.
Silver Lake (Opens at 1:00 pm)
The Silver Lake sleepover area is for Van #1 to get some rest, food and showers and Van #2 to get food prior to driving to the La Pine sleepover area.
Quiet Area at Old School / Youth Center
Please go here if you plan to sleep and not to talk. Please be respectful of teams trying to sleep.
- Grass lawn (bring your own shade)
- Indoor gym for sleeping
- Refreshing COLD showers (no hot water – that’s just another part of the adventure!)
- Snacks available – proceeds go to the Silver Lake Youth Center
Silver Lake Fire House
Please come here if you plan to eat, rest, talk and enjoy live music.
- Grass lawn (bring your own shade)
- Pints provided by 10 Barrel
- Food offered by a number of vendors
- Soft acoustical music by Matt & Rachel of Silver Lake
- Refreshing COLD showers – taking one is a CLR badge of honor, in fact.
Silver Lake Cafe
This parking lot is the exchange point and is NOT quiet.
- Food at the Silver Lake Cafe
Mt Bachelor West Village has showers and locker rooms available! Donations go to the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Oregon & Southwest Washington. If you want to explore a new lake this year, consider visiting Cultus Lake Resort or Lava Lake Resort!
Twin Lakes Resort is a fantastic sleep over area. Van # 1 can get some rest & food here and enjoy a beautiful High Cascade Lakes morning!
- Food and coffee available at Twin Lakes Resort Lodge
- Showers available!
La Pine High School (Opens at 8 pm)
The La Pine sleepover area is for both vans to get some rest, showers and breakfast. Van #2 will use this area after handing off at Exchange #12 in Silver Lake, and Van #1 will use the area after handing off at Exchange #18 in the middle of nowhere.
- Cots available in the school gym from 8 pm Friday to 8 am Saturday. Donation suggested. This is a fundraiser for the Lions Club.
- Hot showers available from 8 pm Friday to 8 am Saturday. Towels are available for the showers. This is a fundraiser for the local football team.
- Additional areas for tents and sleeping bags are available outside on the lawns surrounding the high school. Please DO NOT sleep in the parking lot unless you are inside of your vehicle.
- Pancake breakfast and hot coffee available from the Lions Club.
Elk Lake (Opens at 6 am)
Elk Lake is a beautiful sleepover area. Van #2 can get some rest and food here and enjoy a beautiful high Cascade Lakes morning.
- Beach and grass area for sleeping.
- Food, ice cream and coffee available at the Elk Lake Resort Lodge.
- Paddleboards and boats available to rent to enjoy on Elk Lake (CLR discount available).
- Live music
- No showers here, but there is a crystal clear lake to swim in.