Team Volunteer Requirements
All Beer Chase teams are responsible for providing 1 volunteer. 1-2 person teams are not required to provide a volunteer.
To fulfill the volunteer requirement, teams may choose between the following options:
- Supply Your Own Volunteer – provide 1 volunteer who is available any time Saturday to work a 4-6 hour shift anywhere out on the course. Volunteers can be assigned to a morning, afternoon, or early evening shift. We do not take volunteer requests and cannot guarantee your volunteer’s location or time commitment.
- Hire-a-Volunteer (HAV) – Make a donation to Cascade Relays Foundation (fee varies by date of registration) and we will partner with local charities and community groups who will provide a volunteer on the course for your team. 100% of your funds are donated to these worthy organizations.
Team Volunteer Instructions
Supply Your Own Volunteer:
We love our volunteers and want to make sure you are well prepared for your volunteer shift on event day. Your experience as a volunteer will be more pleasant if you’re prepared, so please read the volunteer instructions & directions carefully and contact us if you have any questions. Please read the Official Race Guide and Race Map to familiarize yourself with the rules and procedures.
Things to know:
- All volunteers must be registered in the database and sign the online participant waiver.
- The duration for volunteer shifts for the Beer Chases average 4-6 hours and shifts take place any time of day, anywhere along the course.
- We do not accept volunteer location/ time requests.
- Volunteer Assignments are listed in detail here.
- All volunteers receive a Cascade Relays hat and an invitation to join us at the Finish Line celebration.
- If you are volunteering on behalf of an Official Charity or Community Group, please contact your charity coordinator for your volunteer location/time.
Hire-a-Volunteer (HAV) :
2024 Hire-A-Volunteer Donation Fees:
|Registration between August 1st, 2023 – December 14th, 2023
|Registration between December 15th, 2023 – February 28th, 2024
|Registration between March 1st, 2024 – May 1st, 2024
|Change to HAV within 30 days of the event
Only if you selected to “Request Nonprofit Volunteers”— within seven to ten (7-10 days) of receiving your registration, Cascade Relays Foundation will email you a Pledge Invoice for your HAV donation amount. This HAV donation can now be paid online with a credit card.