Team Volunteer Requirements
All Beer Chase teams are responsible for providing 1 volunteer. 1-2 person teams are not required to provide a volunteer.
To fulfill the volunteer requirement, teams may choose between the following options:
- Supply Your Own Volunteer – provide 1 volunteer who is available any time Saturday to work a 4-6 hour shift anywhere out on the course. Volunteers can be assigned to a morning, afternoon, or early evening shift. We do not take volunteer requests and cannot guarantee your volunteer’s location or time commitment.
- Hire-a-Volunteer (HAV) – donate $125 so that we can partner with local charities and community groups who will 1 provide volunteer on the course for your team. 100% of your funds are donated to these worthy organizations.
Team Volunteer Instructions
We love our volunteers and want to make sure you are well prepared for your volunteer shift on event day. Your experience as a volunteer will be more pleasant if you’re prepared, so please read the volunteer instructions & directions carefully and contact us if you have any questions. Please read the Official Race Guide and Race Map to familiarize yourself with the rules and procedures.
Things to know:
- All volunteers must be registered in the database and sign the online participant waiver.
- The duration for volunteer shifts for the Beer Chases average 4-6 hours and shifts take place any time of day, anywhere along the course.
- We do not accept volunteer location/ time requests.
- Volunteer Assignments for the Beer Chases are released 3 weeks prior to the event
- All volunteers receive a Cascade Relays hat and an invitation to join us at the Finish Line celebration.
- If you are volunteering on behalf of an Official Charity or Community Group, please contact your charity coordinator for your volunteer location/time.